Thursday 8 September 2011

Perfect red lip & PERFECT STAY ASTOR REVIEW

Hey everybody. 3rd post in under 24 hours, proud of me? :)

So I'm getting ready for a brunch/movie day with some friends and I'm sporting a red lip to go with my outfit. I recently bought the Astor "Perfect Stay" lip pen (lip stain with lip balm attached; I bought 151'Blushing Rose' shade). I have to say:
DIS-A-PPOINTED.

I love my lip stains, and I know a good one when I try one. However, this one just doesn't cut it. It claims to have a 24hr "transferproof" tint but mere minutes after (proper) application, I could take a sip from my coffee and boom, lip smears all over the brim of my glass! I'm just glad I didn't spend any more than 15$ on this thing.

However! I've found a way to use this stain to my advantage. I'd first apply it over clean, freshly buffed and dry lips. Then I'd let it sit for a minute or two to completely dry. Put a second thick stain on, wait for it to dry again. Then I took my favorite lipstick at the moment: N.7 Moisture drench lipstick in Tulip(105), apply a coat of that and rub it in with a clean finger or a lip brush. Blot, and then another coat and then LIGHTY BLOT EXCESS, so it's slightly mattified.
I assure you that even though it's without lipliner, this colour won't budge for hours (unless you sloppily eat and/or drink).
Upkeep is simple, just carry the N7 lipstick (or your lipstick of choice) and touch up in the ladies room :)

(Left to right: ASTOR Perfect Stay, N.7 Tulip, MAC Russian Red{didn't use it, but it's another fav})

What are your favorite lip colours for the season? And can you not live without lip liner?
Let me know in the comments! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment