Tuesday 27 September 2011

Easy peasy, simple pimple?

Every girl (and guy!) has that time where they have to deal with pimples. Whether it's small whiteheads or an acne attack, pimples can be irritating and make you feel a bit "ick".
Normally I have clear skin with a slightly oily T zone. However, every month or so I get a pimple or two that are so stubborn no matter what I do to them!

Here are some personal tips on how to deal with stubborn pimples...

1- Make sure you don't play with them, this will only aggravate and spread them.
2- If you have oily or dirty hair, keep it out of your face. The oils from your roots might be causing some breakouts near the hairline.
3- DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE! All the germs and dirt of everyday life you have stocked up under your nails and on your fingertips will be put on your face and that just won't do.
4- Avoid using harsh soaps or chemicals on your skin. It could be very drying and damaging and can cause redness.
5- Stay hydrated! I find that the times I get pimples is usually when I forget to drink a lot of water.
6- Wash your face AT LEAST twice a day with a gentle cleanser and moisturize. Sometimes I don't need to moisturize, especially when I have a pimple or two because I find that when I slightly dry out my skin, the pimples are easier to get rid of (via my scrubs).

Which brings me to another thing.. I made a new scrub today specially for my pimples and (in this case) oily skin. It contains only 6 ingredients with the main ones being sea salt (no sugar, as this is a scrub for oily skin), coffee granuals, and some other secret things I'm not going to give away. Scrubbed and left on my skin for 10 minutes before rinsing and buffing away with warm water has left my skin baby smooth!

If you want to make a quick-fix, get some sea salt (or kosher salt) and mix it with a teeeeny tiny amount of water (and honey if you have some), scrub your face where oil and any redness/blackheads occur, and it should quickly fix it up.

There will be some exciting updates about my scrubs soon :) Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment