Monday 26 September 2011

Echo echo eko!!

I am LOVING this new brand I found with my mom during an organic-market snoop out. It's called MyEcoLife (this isn't sponsored, so don't jump my bum for this), and it is fantastic!!
I've tried so many products from this company and I have loved loved loved every one of them.
They don't even stop at food! We bought dishwashing liquid and floor cleaner too (and they worked better than the industrial stuff, go figure, nature ROCKS!)

Here are some of the things I bought and arranged in my little "organics shelf"
There's my delish honey and my absolutely scrumptious blueberry jam. Also have my wooden basket of Kohlrabi, raw beetroots and onions :)
These two are some delish tomato sauces we found. Don't let it fool you though, they don't taste store bought at all! Because they're not. They're as tasty as if they came right out of mama's kitchen :)
Time for tasty treats! On the right there's a couple of slabs of yumm-oh dark chocolate. On the left are some chocolate snippet cookies with nuts. The dark chocolate was divine, the cookies, not as much, but once I dunked it in my latte it was yummy yummy in my tummy! One thing you do have to remember though, they may be organic, but they're still sweets!! Enjoy, don't indulge! Unless it's your day off :)



One thing I use to sneak in to some "Healthy junk foods" is ketchup, so imagine my surprise when I found DELICIOUS organic ketchup that really tastes a million times better than the store-bought stuff! I think I went through one jar in 3 days it was so good!! MMmm!

And this pot of goodness right here is a home-made, all-organic turkey leg stock I put together after we cooked some juicy turkey legs for dinner the previous night. A tip for those who like to recycle: Don't throw away your meat bones!! If you simmer them with veggies and herbs for a few hours you get a beautiful, aromatic, and delish stock as a base for future soups/sauces. This one was a little fatty so I had to skim off excess fats when I was making French-style onion soup today (yumm!), but all in all it was absolutely gorgeous! Make your own stocks and you won't regret leaving those bones out (innuendo here?). Not to mention it's perfect for the changing seasons now :)
Speaking of changing seasons... This is my thuper cute breakfast table ensemble :) Lots of fresh fruit and nuts. I already devoured that pink grapefruit on the left and it was to die for. Yes, all organic, as usual :)
It looks so beautiful I almost didn't want to eat it!

Now more than ever I've noticed that beautiful organic GREEN food does so much for you. Beauty is really from the inside out. I'm a true believer that if you take care of yourself well enough through diet and exercise, everything else like hair, skin, nails and weight will all fall (off) and into place.

Something I like to think about when I'm cooking up some new scrubs or masks is, if it's good enough to eat, it should be good enough for my face! Don't ever put horrible chemicals on your skin (like chemical peels or useless creams). I'll write out a blog post about natural ways to tighten and/or clear your skin and face that don't require any trips to the clinic!

I'm signing off now, it's past 2am and I've got uni in the morning.. Thanks for tuning in! Keep me updated about your favorite recycling habits and how you like to keep your life green :)

xx -S

No comments:

Post a Comment