Saturday 7 January 2012

Heeby Jeebies!

Today's post starts on a lighter note than the previous one's.

It's almost a review, in a way. You'll get what I'm rambling about soon enough :)

Sooo, I went waltzing into a specific studio to discuss a specific project I'm designing, when I thought I'd be a little adventurous and get a piercing. 'Lo and behold! Salma, the needle-phobe actually eager to have one stuck in her?
..That sounded suggestive.
Anywhore, after careful contemplation over which "discreet" area of my body I should start this piercing brigade, I chose the tragus. Small, sweet, and a little quirky. Speaking of the piercing, I have an itch right in my ear and I can't scratch it because of the stud! GAH!

Going back; I decided upon the tragus because I wanted something a little different than your average lobe or cartilage pierce. And I don't think I'll be getting an industrial anytime soon, not yet anyway.

One thing you're probably wondering: Pain level?
I was so nervous about the needle itself that I was shocked at how little it hurt! Mainly because the tragus doesn't have many nerves or blood cells running through. The only thing I felt was a millisecond of sharp pain followed by a strange awareness that there was a long needle poking through my ear.
Honestly I was laughing at my being so nervous, it was nothing!

I also have to give props to Izza, the lovely lady who pierced me. She was so wonderful. All the equipment was fully sterilized and everything was done really professionally. 5 stars to Blackstar Studio :)

Can't wait to go back there! And just to show y'all.. It was really dim and I only had my BB camera so apologies for the dark, grainy photo :


Izza had trouble screwing the little head on the stud because "my ears are pixie small!".


On another note, I'm moving apartments next week so I'm super busy among other family obligations, but I'll try to film a video that I'll upload in a few weeks. Blog posts will come along, I promise.

In honour of my project, I'll be doing cat-eyes. Very Angie Jolie.

Lots of Love, -S xx

No comments:

Post a Comment