Wednesday 9 November 2011

Eye see what you did there.

Eyebrows: they're one of the most underrated features of the face, yet one of the most important.

Our eyebrows are the key features that can frame our face. Making sure to keep them in check can ensure that even if you don't have any make up on, you'll look fresh, clean, and put together.

A new trend that has been hitting the catwalks this year has been bold, thick eyebrows.
Playing with masculine aspects while still maintaining a feminine look can be achieved very easily.



Note that thick, dark, eyebrows don't always suit everyone's facial structure and complexion. If it doesn't suit you, try playing it down and making it look more natural by using a lighter shade of shadow or pencil to fill them in.

I have dark hair and eyes and light skin, and my eyebrows are naturally thicker. However, I filled them in (concentrating on the inner half where my hairs are more sparse) and accentuated the arch.

Because this look is such a strong factor, play down the eyes and stick to a more natural tone. Maybe a layer of nude/light brown/gold eyeshadow all over the lid and then a few thick coats of mascara.

I love pairing plain eyes with a BOLD lip, and when put together with the strong brows, it has a strong, sexy look that is still very feminine. If you want the overall look to be very clean, sharp and smart, you should tie your hair up in a ponytail or a tight braid.

To show you the look, I paired the bold eyebrows with a dark-wine coloured lipstick. I applied a light gold all over my eyelid and swiped on a few coats of mascara.


Paired with a blazer, it can be a really smart look for the office.

HOWEVER! This look doesn't have to be only for a strong, masculine approach. You can play with other features (such as your hair) to acheive a glamorous look, along the lines of Jennifer Connelly's look:


Personally I wouldn't darken my eyebrows to the point where it's REALLY obvious that they're fake. Maybe for a photoshoot for editorials, but that's about it.
As you can see I just darkened my natural hairs with some black eyeshadow, just enough to make them a little stronger.

Would you wear this look? And if yes, how, when, and where would you wear it?

Love x

No comments:

Post a Comment