Tuesday 20 December 2011

Monarch

As I was trying out some different looks for tomorrow's shoot, I played around (as usual) and came up with a look that was inspired by the colours and architecture of the blue monarch butterfly. If you're curious as to what that looks like...

Although I'm only using one colour from the wings, I mixed it with some golden/warm tones to suit my complexion a bit more.

The accent on the edge of the eyebrow is meant to be part of the "wings" or the antennae. Spidery lashes for the dainty jet black legs of the butterfly, and the black liner cutting through the much brighter colours to make up the threaded wings.

It's always fun to experiment :)

As I mentioned, tomorrow I'll be holding a photoshoot in Minsk.
More details + pics will come as soon as all the editing/work is done.

Oh, one more thing...

It's snowing :)


Have a happeh (white!) xmas!!

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment